The 'Father'/Son cypher from the BET Hip Hop Awards....

Mixed reviews from my timeline. In particular from those 'in the game' currently, depending on demo & age...My personal opinion? I thought it was cool. I don't really 'go in' on Jo Jo 'cause there is no need. So no jokes from me. I kinda see him as his brother's manager anyway. I mean, if you watched the show, he TOLD YOU DIGGY was better basically. You just chose not to believe him. lol Not his fault. Rev did the thing. His way. I like how he didn't try to 'adapt' to a younger 'way' of rapping. He did was he does. He is a LEGEND. Don't forget that.



Share:

1 comments:

  1. Since I watched 0% of the show, I'll put my two cents in on this particular snippet. I liked it, thought it was well done. Nice seeing the "old men" hang in with the young'uns. I've heard a bit of Diggy, the boy has some serious talent for a kid his age. I didn't even know Cube had sons rapping...they were alright too. As you say the Rev is a legend, and he did what he does.

    Sorry for the rambling, but a final point: who saw the original "doughboy", the one-time "wrong ni**a to f**k with" becoming a family-friendly movie star? Proof that times change and people grow...

    ReplyDelete

List

Contact

Featured

(Words) You carried her bag so that is your label from now on. The Story of A Former Bag Handler...

I think by now, if you are here, you know the story. My wife committed suicide. She suffered from depression. I have children. I'm l...